Hotel Barge Spirit of Scotland
Spirit of Scotland is an elegant hotel barge with extensive public areas inside and out that are perfect from which to admire the spectacular Highlands scenery in comfort as she sedately cruises the Caledonian Canal and the lochs of the Great Glen. Although purpose-built in 2001, her style evokes that of the traditional steamers that plied the lochs of Scotland in times gone by. Having cruised a number of inland waterways in Europe in recent years, Spirit of Scotland will commence cruising in Scotland from June 2017.
Accommodating up to 12 passengers in comfort, her interior features a bright and spacious saloon and dining area with picture windows, a separate bar, and an integral forward wheelhouse giving views of the cruise route ahead. The 6 air-conditioned cabins offer a choice of twin or double beds and are complemented by well-designed en suite shower rooms.
Outside, there are separate areas where you can relax on a recliner or perhaps in the heated spa pool, as well as a covered dining terrace. And the large upper sun deck is the ideal place to admire the breath-taking backdrop and historic landmarks such as the loch-side Urquhart Castle.
All this, together with the traditional Scottish cuisine, fine wines and wide range of whiskies served on board by an attentive crew of 6, combine to ensure a truly memorable cruising experience.
- Tour of the Glen Ord whisky distillery with a private tasting
- Visit to Culloden Moor, scene of the last battle on British soil in 1746
- Tour of Cawdor Castle and gardens, home of Shakespeare’s Scottish Play
- Visit Glencoe, scene of treachery between the Campbell and MacDonald clans
- See Eilean Donan and Urquhart castles
- Stunning scenery and wildlife
- Visit to Clava Cairns, a prehistoric burial site
- Cruise Lochs Lochy, Oich, Ness and Dochfour
- Wonderful river, canal and loch cruising
- Excellent opportunities for walking
Pheasant Breast with Horseradish Sauce; Marinated Wild Salmon with a Lemon Butter Sauce; Fillet of Aberdeen Angus Beef with Wild Mushrooms and Tarragon; Saddle of Venison with a Wild Berry Jus
Some of the Single Malt Whiskies Served Aboard
Benromach 10 Year old
Glenmorangie 10 Year Old
Lagavulin 16 Year Old
Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old
Glenfiddich 12 Year Old
Bowmore 12 Year Old
Isle of Jura 10 Year Old
Talisker 10 Year Old
Criffel; Dunsyre Blue; Morangie Brie; Caithness; Strathdon Blue; Mull ok Kintyre Mature Cheddar; Crowdie
FIND A CRUISE ON HOTEL BARGE SPIRIT OF SCOTLAND
Sample Itineraries for Spirit of Scotland
Spirit of Scotland is owned and operated by Go Barging Ltd.