The 12-passenger Savoir Faire was built in 1932 as a Belgian transport barge. She was converted into a hotel barge in 1979 and was substantially refurbished for the beginning of the 2005 season. The air conditioned interior is unique with five separate areas for passenger enjoyment, whether for a personal retreat, a gathering at the on board piano or all passengers together enjoying each others company. The saloon, dining area, and bar are finished in mahogany, teak and brass and decorated with antiques and paintings collected over the years. Two spacious sun decks offer magnificent views of the countryside and bikes are provided for those who wish to explore further.
Savoir Faire features six staterooms all of which are air conditioned and have en-suite facilities. Each can be configured with two twin beds or with one queen bed. All cabins offer good lighting, a large number of electrical outlets, and include 220v European standard and 110v U.S. standard power outlets. Internet access is also available.
You will be attentively catered for by six English-speaking crew including the captain, deck hand, master chef, tour guide and two housekeepers.
Below you can find some of the highlights of the cruises we are currently offering on Savoir Faire, along with some examples of the cuisine and fine wines the master chef will present you with on board. You can view the current itineraries and maps by clicking "Savoir Faire Cruises" on the menu on the right where you will also find links to the photo gallery, deck plan and cruise rates.
- Evening cruise through Paris beneath the floodlit Eiffel Tower
- Visit to Reims and its magnificent cathedral Moet and Chandon for a tour and Champagne tasting
- Visit the Keukenhof gardens and see the Dutch tulips
- Visit the wine town of Chablis
- Visit to Fontainebleau where every French monarch from Francois I to Napoleon III left his mark
- Visit to Coulomniers, one of the centres of Brie Cheese
- Tour the beautiful Belgian cities of Ghent and Bruges, the "Venice of the North"
Braised Beef Fillet in Juniper Berry and Red Wine Jus, Saddle of Lamb with Eggplant Caviar
St Emilion Grand Cru, Chasagne-Montrachet les Houilleres, Pomerol, Pouilly Fuisse
Gouda, Leyden, Maasdam
Maps and Itineraries for Savoir Faire
Savoir faire is owned and operated by C F Enterprises.