Rosa is an old Dutch “Clipper” barge that was completely refitted in 2010 to a high specification. The air conditioned interior includes a dining room, saloon, bar and four staterooms. Two of the staterooms have double beds and two have twin beds, all of which have full en-suite facilities. Outside there is a spacious sun deck with comfortable furniture.
The crew consist of a knowledgeable captain, tour guide, housekeeper and a master chef whose culinary master pieces will be a regular delight throughout your cruise. Eight bikes are available for use and your tour guide will be happy to advise you on the best routes to cycle should you wish to explore.
Along with Anjodi, Rosa featured in the hugely successful television series, Rick Stein’s French Odyssey.
(March to August)
- Visit the renowned Château Bellevue la Fôret for a winery tour and tasting
- Cruise the 1,000 foot long Aqueduct
- Visit to Château de Goudourville and a tour of Auvillar
- Tour the medieval town and castle of Nérac
- Guided tour and private tasting at a renowned local Armagnac producer
(August to November)
- Tour of the famous Saint Emilion
- Visit the impressive Château de Duras
- Visit to the Bastide village of Vianne and ancient Barbaste
- Wine, cheese and Armagnac tastings
- Visits to the village of Le Mas d’Agenais and the colourful market of Marmande
Entrecôte de Bazas à la Bordelaise; Confit de Canard et Son Jus au Thym; Foie Gras Poélé Déglacé au Vin de Figues; Filet de Truite au Beurre Blanc; Gâteau Basque; Pruneaux à l’Armagnac
Buzet, Cotes de Marmandais, Sauternes Bordeaux AOC Superieur, Haut Medoc, Cotes du Frontonnais
Le Bleu de Quercy; Templais Sec; Tomme de Lomagne; Cabécou; Roquefort; Laguiole
FIND A CRUISE ON ROSA
Maps and Itineraries for Rosa
Rosa is owned and operated by Rives du Sud sarl