Hotel Barge Nymphea
The 6 passenger Nymphea is a classic Dutch design with a shallow draft and is ideal for navigating the incredibly beautiful yet somewhat sandy reaches of the River Cher in the Loire valley. Refitted throughout, her traditional interior features a warm classic decor of rich varnished hardwoods, stained glass and a welcoming country house atmosphere.
Nymphea has three comfortable cabins, two twin staterooms and one twin or double stateroom, all with air conditioning and en-suite facilities. Six bikes are always available for you to enjoy rides along towpaths and trails. Her crew of Captain and Chef/Housekeeper are very knowledgeable of the history in this beautiful area and are excellent hosts for your fascinating cruise.
- Cruise under the famed Château de Chenonceau
- Visit a Troglodyte cave dwelling and see the silkworm nursery
- Excursion to the Château d’Amboise and Château du Clos Lucé
- Private wine tastings at Montrichard and the Domaine de Fontenay
- Visit to Château de Villandry and its magnificent gardens
- Optional hot air ballooning
Filet Mignon de Veau à la Bière et Moutarde; Selle d'Agneau au Romari; Saumon et Friture
Château de Fontenay; La Reserve de Jean; Château de la Grille; Chinon; Domaine de la Renaudi; Touraine Blanc; Château de Nitray; Cabernet Franc; Les Meuriers
Valença; St Maure de Touraine; Selles sur Cher
FIND A CRUISE ON NYMPHEA
Sample Itineraries for Nymphea
Nymphea is owned and operated by Leigh Wootton.