Hotel Barge Magna Carta
Magna Carta is one of the finest, most luxurious vessels cruising the British Isles today. The ambience created by combining a traditional 1936-built barge hull with fine mahogany, teak and oak woods is outstanding. Modern amenities include under floor heating, spa pool and contemporary en suite facilities for the four spacious 200sq ft suites.
The upper deck saloon and dining area feature picture windows and stylish furnishings. Your Master Chef produces a range of mouth-watering dishes whilst you enjoy the riverside surroundings from your floating country hotel.
Her experienced Captain knows the Thames well and will pilot the barge and be your tour guide. Your Master Chef will produce a range of mouth watering dishes whilst you enjoy the sights of royal Berkshire, historic Buckinghamshire and beautiful Oxfordshire from your floating country inn. Two house keepers complete the crew of four.
Magna Carta will be offering a special itinerary on the June 7, 14 & 21 2015 departures to commemorate the 800th anniversary of the signing of the Magna Carta. She will cruise right past the site of the signing at Runnymede and there will also be an excursion to Salisbury Cathedral to see the world’s best-preserved original copy of the famous charter.
Special visits to Highclere Castle (Downtown Abbey) are also available for some departures. Please contact us for more details.
FIND A CRUISE ON MAGNA CARTA
Maps and Itineraries for Magna Carta
- Explore Henry VIII’s Hampton Court Palace
- Moor beneath and visit Windsor Castle
- Visit the Tudor manor house of Dorney Court
- Tour the Stanley Spencer Gallery at Cookham
- English cream tea at the Stafford Hotel
- Visit Henley-on-Thames, the Royal Regatta town
- Tour of Christ Church College, Oxford
- Great walking and bicycling opportunities along the Thames Footpath
- Tour of Highclere Castle (Downton Abbey) is also available on selected departures
Roasted Guinea Fowl with Wild Mushrooms; Rack of
Lamb with a Herb Crust, Sweet Potatoes and Spinach; Breast of Duck with Port Sauce and Cherries
A good selection of French and New World wines
Cropwell Bishop Organic
Stilton, Dunsyre Blue Bath
Soft Cheese; Applewood
Smoked Cheddar; Oxford Isis;