Hotel Barge L'Art de Vivre
L’Art de Vivre started life as a Scottish lumber carrier and has been carefully transformed by skilled craftsmen into a floating celebration of the Burgundian “good life”. The recently refitted cabins have modern en suite bathrooms and the delightful saloon combines contemporary leather with more traditional furnishings.
There is a sun deck to relax on with a glass of wine as you glide through the pretty Burgundy countryside, a relaxing spa pool and, of course, bicycles for exploring along the towpath before rejoining the hotel barge at one of the locks up ahead.
Your crew of four comprises a Captain, Master Chef, Tour Guide and Hostess, all with a love of the Nivernais Canal and secure in the knowledge that their vessel represents “L’Art de Vivre” itself. The region simply oozes charm and the cruise is a journey back in time along a magical waterway.
L'Art de Vivre is also available for 'Tandem Cruises' with the 12 passenger La Belle Epoque for larger groups of up to 20 passengers.
FIND A CRUISE ON L'ART DE VIVRE
Sample Itineraries for L'Art de Vivre
- Explore enchanting Auxerre and its magnificent cathedral
- Wine tasting of Chablis and Petit Chablis in the cellars of a renowned Domaine
- Tour Noyers-sur-Serein, one of the most beautiful villages in Burgundy
- Visit the picturesque village of Vezelay and its hilltop basilica
- Visit elegant Château de Bazoches
- Optional hot air ballooning
- Excellent towpath for walking and cycling. "Biking Plus" is also available on this cruise.
Terrine de Pêcheur façon Maison; Tourte Chaude d'Escargots à la Ciboulette; Filet de Rouget au Safron
Domaine Ferrari, Irancy ‘Les Palottes’; Domaine Bouchard Père & Fils; Pouilly Fuissé; Domaine Borgnat; Coulanges la Vineuse
Brie; Maroilles; Pont L'Eveque; St Marcellin